The Action Committee against Abduction and Confinement
Mar. 23, 2010
Victims of abduction and confinement submitted their petition to the Japanese Embassy in Seoul, South Korea
On 23rd March 2010, victims of abduction and confinement who are residents in South Korea as well as about 50 followers of the Unification Church visited the Japanese Embassy in Seoul. They submitted a written petition seeking for solutions to the problem of abduction and confinement against the Unification Church members in Japan.
Afterwards, they held a press conference in front of the embassy to journalists from AP, Reuters, AFP, Kyodo News etc. In a news program at pm 5:00 o'clock on the day, MBC, South Korea's major TV channel, covered the event, while other news media reported about it.
The following is the list of the news coverage:-
- MBC news
- Choson Ilbo website (choson.com) "Abduction and confinement - tears from Japan's Unification Church followers."
- Meil Economy "Japanese government! Take measures against abduction and confinement of Unification Church members."
- Yonhap News "Japanese Unification Church member - I want to go home without fear and anxiety."
- Yonhap News "Japanese government should take measures against abduction and confinement of Unification Church members."
- NEWSIS "Unification Church followers headed to Japanese Embassy to submit their petition."
- NEWSIS "Japanese Unification Church staged demonstration against abduction and confinement."
- NEWSIS "Japanese Unification Church female members' association charged abduction and confinement."
- Breaknews.com "Fears of abduction among Japanese female members of Unification Church living in South Korea."
- jo!ns news "Japanese government! Take measures against abduction and confinement of Unification Church followers."
- News Chonji "Abduction and confinement causes terror preventing Unification Church followers from returning home."
- News Chonji "Unification Church Abduction and Confinement Task Force submitted a petition to Japanese Embassy."